Pumpkin and almond burgers
Make meatless Monday tastier than ever before with these pumpkin and almond burgers.
- 1 can butter beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil, plus extra for drizzling
- 1/4 cup raw blanched almonds
- 2 garlic cloves, roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons tamari or coconut aminos
- 2 cups almond meal
- 1 1/2 cup finely grated pumpkin
- 1/2 cup arrowroot flour
- 1/2 cup finely chopped flat leaf parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried chilli flakes
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 free-range egg
- Sesame seeds, for rolling in
- Sea salt and cracked pepper to season
- Get started by pre-heating your oven to 200C and line a large baking tray with baking paper.
- Add the butter beans, oil, blanched almonds, garlic and tamari to a powerful food processor and blitz until just combined into a rough and chunky paste.
- Pour your mixture out into a large bowl, add in the almond meal, grated pumpkin, arrowroot flour, fresh herbs and spices and mix well to combine. Add in the egg to bring things together and help it bind.
- Use your hands to roll into 6 evenly sized burger patties. Press each patty in some sesame seeds and then lay out across your prepared baking tray. Drizzle them lightly with some oil then transfer to the oven and cook for 30-40 minutes, turning just once carefully half way.
- Once golden brown and cooked through, remove from the oven and served on their own with a generous season of salt and pepper or layered up with your favourite burger fillings.