Almond and seed crackers
Delight in the festive spirit with our Australian Almonds Christmas recipe for Almond and Seed Crackers, perfect for sharing and savoring!
- 1 cup whole almonds
- ½ cup pumpkin seeds
- 1 cup sunflower seeds
- ½ cup flax seeds
- ½ cup chia seeds
- ½ cup ground psylium husks
- 4 tbsp nigella seeds
- 2-3 tbsp sea salt flakes
- 1½ cups warm water
- Preheat oven to 160°C.
- Place the almonds and pumpkin seeds in a food processor and blend to a fine meal.
- In a bowl, add the processed almond/sunflower seeds, add the remaining ingredients and mix thoroughly to combine.
- Spoon half the mixture onto a large piece of baking paper, cover with another sheet of baking paper and roll out to a thin sheet. Fill any holes with a little pinch of mixture to patch it.
- Remove the top sheet of paper, then using a knife score mixture into desired shapes.
- Slide the paper with nut mixture onto a large baking tray and bake till crispy and golden, approximately 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool completely. Snap along scored lines.
- Crackers will store well in an airtight container at room temperature for 1-2 weeks or for longer storage, freeze for 1 month.