Raspberry, banana and almond meal cake
Simple but delicious. This recipe uses almond meal which makes this baked good light, nutty and moist.
- 1 cup self raising flour
- 1 cup almond meal
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp vanilla bean paste
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 3 ripe medium bananas, best if frozen
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs, lightly whisked
- 1/4 cup (60ml) mild-flavoured extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup (125g) fresh or frozen raspberries
- Preheat the oven to 180°C. Line a 10 x 20cm loaf tin with baking paper, or lightly grease.
- Sift the flour, almond meal, baking soda and cinnamon into a large mixing bowl.
- In a food processor add the frozen bananas with the sugar, eggs, vanilla bean and oil until fluffy. Blend in the dry ingredients until just combined. Add in the raspberries and blend just a little or stir in gently.
- Reserve about 6 raspberries to place on the top of the cake. Push into the mixture so they can still just be seen.
- Spoon the batter into the tin. Bake for about 50 minutes or until the loaf is cooked through when tested with a skewer. Cool in the tin for 10 minutes before turning out onto a wire rack to cool.