Pasta with almond, pears and edamame beans
- ¾ cup almonds, roasted
- 2 cloves garlic
- Ground black pepper to taste
- ½ cup rocket
- ¼ cup fresh basil leaves
- 1 ½ cups baby spinach leaves
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 400g pasta (could use spelt or legume pasta)
- 2 medium pears, cored, cut into eight wedges
- 2 x 125g can edamame beans
- 1/3 cup parmesan, shaved
In a food processor blend the almonds, garlic, baby spinach leaves, basil, black pepper and gradually add in the olive oil blending until all combined. Season with a little salt.
Cook pasta in a large saucepan of boiling water until tender. Add in the edamame in the last few minutes just to heat them through. Drain and reserve ½ cup of liquid. Return pasta and edamame to the saucepan and cover to keep warm.
Add the nut paste to the pasta and the reserved water, do not heat. Mix through to coat the pasta.
Add the sliced pear and rocket to the pasta, tossing through gently.
Serve with a sprinkle of parmesan cheese and a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil.