Mexican spiced almonds
Lightly roasted almonds with a slight kick from the Mexican inspired spice combination.
- 2 cups (300grams) raw almonds
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Get started by preheating your oven to 160C and line a large baking tray with baking paper
- Combine the listed ingredients in a bowl and mix well to combined to get even coverage of all the flavours.
- Lay out across your tray and transfer to the oven and cook for 15-20 minutes, or until aromatic and lightly golden brown. Be mindful to keep an eye on them as they cook, as ovens can differ in temperature and you don’t want them to burn.
- Remove from the oven and allow them to cool before transferring them to a glass jar for storage. Enjoy warm or keep in the pantry for up to 2 weeks or the fridge for up to 3 months.
- Serve as a snack, roughly chopped and stirred into guacamole, or sprinkled into a salad.