Maple vanilla bean candied almonds
Almond clusters with a perfectly sweet crunch in every bite.
- 2 cups (300 grams) raw almonds
- 1/2 cup granulated coconut sugar
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons vanilla bean extract or powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 free-range egg white
- Get started by preheating your oven to 120C and line a large baking tray with baking paper.
- In a large bowl, beat the egg white until light and frothy. Add in the vanilla bean and whisk again until well combined. Now add in the almonds, toss to coat well, then add in the coconut sugar, ample syrup and cinnamon. Stir to combine well.
- Lay the almonds out across the prepaid baking tray and cook for 50-60 minutes, turning every 15 minutes or so. The should be lightly golden brown and crispy with a delicious maple caramel crunch on the outside.
- Once cooled, transfer to a glass jar for storage. Enjoy warm or keep in the pantry for up to 2 weeks or the fridge for up to 3 months.