Home made almond milk
- 1 cup raw almonds
- 1 cup filtered water plus 1 litre more
Making it yourself, you know exactly what goes into it, which with this recipe is simply almonds and filtered water. This recipe will keep in the fridge, covered, for three to four days so you can make up bigger batches in advance. Simply shake the milk gently before serving to disperse any sediment that may have settled.
- Soak raw almonds in one cup of filtered water for 4-8 hours.
- At this point, you can skin the almonds if you wish, or leave the skins on.
- Drain the almonds of the water and then add to blender.
- Add one litre water (1000mls) and then blend for one to two minutes.
- Strain almond milk through a sieve into large jug capable of holding 700-900 ml liquid.
- Repeat one to two times until there are no traces of almond skin left in the milk.
- Use as desired. Cover and store remaining milk in the fridge for three to four days.