Chicken schnitzel and almond salad
This recipe is a great one to use left over chicken schnitzel and roasted carrots or other vegetables from the evening dinner the night before.
- 1 cup Iceberg lettuce
- 80g chicken schnitzel (palm of hand size)
- 1 Hard-boiled egg
- ½ slice wholemeal bread
- ½ cup roasted carrot
- ½ cup sweet potato
- 2 tablespoons almonds
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin seeds
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon balsamic glaze
- 2 teaspoons parmesan cheese
- Place one egg per person in a saucepan and boil to have a soft boiled egg.
- Brush the bread with a little extra virgin olive oil. Toast in the oven on the grill until just browned or you
could toast in the toaster. Cut the toasted bread into
pieces to make croutons.
- Wash and chop iceberg lettuce and place in the bowl you are serving the salad in to eat. Sprinkle the croutons over the lettuce. Chop the cooked chicken schnitzel into strips and place over the lettuce. Cut the egg into 6 pieces and place over the lettuce.
- Add in the carrot and sprinkle over the pumpkin seeds and almonds (whole or chopped). Drizzle with extra virgin olive oil and the balsamic glaze. Sprinkle over the parmesan cheese and serve.