Beef, broccolini and almond stir-Fry
Stir-frying is a fantastic, healthy and quick way to cook food. This stir-fry combines melt-in-the-mouth steak with tender broccoli and almonds for a tasty and satisfying dish. Enjoy!
- 400g scotch fillet beef
- 1 tablespoon Shaoxing wine
- 1 tablespoon light soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- ¼ teaspoon sesame oil.
- 1 teaspoon corn flour
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 large onion, peeled and diced
- 1 large clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 bunch broccolini, washed and chopped into pieces
- 70g raw almonds
- Cooked rice
- Wash and pat dry meat, then cut into ½ cm slices, cutting diagonally across the grain.
- Place into a bowl and then pour over Shaoxing wine, soy sauce, sugar, sesame oil, and cornflour.
- Stir to combine and then cover and refrigerate for one hour to marinate.
- Heat up a wok or large frypan until smoking and then add oil.
- Add onion and cook over medium heat for a minute, stirring all the time. Add garlic and continue cooking and stirring for another minute.
- Turn the heat back up to high and then add beef, cooking and stirring it for a minute so it browns on all sides.
- When the beef is browned but not fully cooked, turn off the heat and remove beef to a plate and set aside.
- Turn the heat back on and add almonds and broccolini. Stir to combine and then cover with a lid and turn the heat down to low-medium.
- Let cool, covered for two minutes.
- Remove lid and stir. Return beef to the pan and then mix to combine thoroughly.
- Serve immediately with steamed rice.