Almond vegetable curry
- 1 medium cauliflower, cut into large florets
- 1 large eggplant, cut into large dice
- 2 onions, peeled and cut into wedges
- 1 cup Australian almond meal
- 1 cup water
- 2 tbsp ghee
- 1 stem curry leaves
- 2 tsp grated fresh ginger
- 1 long green chilli, finely sliced, remove seeds to reduce heat (optional)
- 1 tsp yellow mustard seeds
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
- 1 tbsp red curry paste
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup coconut cream
- 100g green beans, trimmed
- ½ cup toasted Australian flaked almonds
fresh coriander leaves
Prepare the cauliflower, eggplant and onions, set aside.
Soak almond meal in 1 cup water, set aside.
Melt ghee in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add onion and curry leaf stem, gently sauté, stirring for a few minutes until the onion softens.
Add to the pot ginger, green chilli, mustard seeds, garam masala, turmeric and curry paste. Continue to cook for 2-3 minutes or until aromatic.
Add prepared cauliflower, eggplant and soaked almond meal to the curry paste mixture in the pan. Cover and gently simmer for 15 mins or until cauliflower is tender. Season to taste, add coconut cream, stir to combine. Place green beans on top of the curry, replace lid for 5 minutes to allow the beans to steam.
To serve, sprinkle vegetable almond curry with toasted almonds and coriander. Serve with steamed rice.