Indulge in the exquisite flavors of our Almond Skordalia recipe!
- 500g whole potatoes
- 2 cloves garlic
- 100g blanched almond meal
- Juice and finely grated zest of 1 large lemon
- 3tbsp chopped dill
- 2 anchovy fillets, mashed
- ¾ cup extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup almond milk
- Salt and ground white pepper to taste
- Place whole potatoes and garlic cloves in a saucepan, cover with cold water and bring to the boil. Cook for 10 – 15 minutes or when tested has no resistance.
- Drain and allow to sit for 5 minutes.
- Using a potato ricer, push through the cooked potatoes and garlic cloves into a bowl. (If you don’t have access to a potato ricer, peel potatoes and mash till smooth)
- Mix in the remaining ingredients and season.
- Adjust the consistency with extra almond milk if required.
- To serve place the almond skordalia on a plate, push into a circle with the back of a spoon leaving some ridges. Swirl some olive oil into the ridges and sprinkle with sliced whole almonds.
- Garnish with extra dill and lemon.
- Serve with Almond and seed crackers.