Almond nut bars
Get the kids involved in cooking these quick and easy almond nut bars. The perfect snack for the kids on the way to after school activities.
- 1 1/2 cups rolled oats
- 1 1/3 cups sliced almonds
- 1 1/3 cups pumpkin seeds
- 1 1/3 cups puffed rice
- ¾ cup dried dates, diced into cubes
- ½ cup dried cranberries
- 1 cup almond butter
- 1 cup Manuka honey
- pinch of sea salt
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- Pre-heat oven to 180°C (or 160°C fan-forced). Toast oats for 10 minutes and then add almonds and pumpkin seeds and toast for another 5 minutes or until golden brown.
- When all the items are sufficiently toasted, toss them with the puffed rice, chopped dates and dried cranberries in a large bowl.
- In a small saucepan, heat the almond butter and honey just slightly (not cooked). Stir in the salt and cinnamon, and then pour over the dry mixture and stir.
- Turn the mixture into a 9 ×13 baking dish lined with baking paper and press the mixture evenly and firmly. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for several hours. Cut into 5cm squares before serving.