Almond and roast chicken soup
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp unsalted butter
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 small leek, finely sliced
- 300ml chicken stock
- ¼ cup dry white wine
- 200g Australian almond meal
- Leaves from 2 stems of thyme
- 200ml cream
- Salt and white pepper to taste
- Small pinch ground cloves
- 1 small BBQ Chicken, remove breasts and finely dice
- 100g Australian natural sliced almonds to garnish
- Fresh parsley leaves
In a heavy based pot heat olive oil and butter, add garlic and leek, gently cook till soft but not coloured.
Add stock, white wine, almond meal and thyme leaves, bring to the boil, reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
Stir in the cream then using a stab blender, blend till smooth. Season to taste with salt, pepper and ground cloves. Add the diced chicken and gently heat, do not boil.
Serve garnished with a generous sprinkle of natural sliced almonds and parsley leaves.